Jill is also a National T³ Instructor working in collaboration with Texas Instruments and T³ to write, plan, and deliver quality professional development for teacher-learners interested in using technology to facilitate learning and assessment that is interactive, dynamic, and collaborative.
Jill’s previous work and learning:
Jill transitioned to Trinity School from The Westminster Schools where she co-taught Synergy with Bo Adams, facilitated the JH Math/Science PLC, co-facilitated the PLC-Facilitators PLC with Bo Adams, and served as the Chief Technology Integration specialist for the Junior High.
Jill co-facilitated the 2010-2011 Faculty Cohort on the Brain and Learning with Donya Kemp through The Center for Teaching.
Jill came to Westminster in 2001 after 14 years of teaching in public schools in Mississippi and at the Kiski School of Pennsylvania. Jill earned a B.S. degree in Mathematics and a M.C.S. in Mathematics and Computing Sciences from Mississippi College in 1984 and 1986, respectively. Jill received the Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching in 1998 and Mathematical Association of America’s Sliffe Award in 2006 for excellence in teaching junior high.
Samples of Conference Attendance, Professional Learning, and Presentations
- TEDxAtlanta Reasons to Believe attendee, May 7, 2013
- National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics attendee, Denver, CO, April 15-17
- Leading Change in Changing Times: EdTechTeacher iPad Summit USA – Atlanta, GA, April 10-12. Presented iPads in Elementary Education pre-conference session with Rhonda Mitchell and PBL PD: Integrating Formative Assessment, Twitter, & Brain-based Research
- Teachers Teaching with Technology International conference presenter: Art of Questioning, Design for Learning and Inquiry, Leading Learners to Level Up, Ask; Don’t Tell: Listen to Learn and Assess, Philadelphia, PA< March 7-10, 2013
- NAIS attendee, Philadelphia, PA, February 27-March 1, 2013
- Educon 2.5 presenter, Honoring Our Learning Philosophy Through Our Learning Reports: Is it about learning and progress or is it about grades?, Philadelphia, PA, January 25-27, 2013,
- Leading Learners to Level Up presenter at Learning Forward, Boston, MA, December 1-5, 2012
- ASCD conference attendee, Atlanta, GA October 25-27, 2012
- Solution Tree Assessment Institute attendee, Atlanta, GA October 22-24, 2012
- TEDxAtlanta Edge of the South attendee, September 25, 2012
- Center for Teaching Summer Institute co-facilitator – Synergy-PBL: Questions are waypoints on the path of wisdom – The Westminster Schools, June 25-26
- Master Class with John Hunter attendee – Trinity School, June 20-21
- The Martin Institute’s 2012 Conference attendee and presenter – Leading Learners to Level Up and Synergy – Questions are the waypoints on the path of wisdom, Memphis, TN, June 12-14
- American Studies Institute attendee – The Lovett School, June 7-8
- DT Summit 2012 attendee, 2012 – Mount Vernon Institute for Innovation
- TEDxAtlanta Community attendee, 2012
- Teacher’s Teaching with Technology International Conference presenter and attendee, 2012
- EduCon 2.4 attendee and conversation co-facilitator
Synergy – Questions are the waypoints on the path of wisdom, Philadelphia, PA, January, 2012
- Stop, Collaborate, and Listen presentation Learning Forward 2011, Anaheim, CA, December, 2011
- Mississippi Council of Teachers of Mathematics (MCTM), Keynote with Bo Adams, September 2011 (Formative Assessment & Professional Learning Communities)
- TEDxAtlanta Balance attendee, 2011
- Planning to Attend
- EduCon Annual Conference 2012
- International Teachers Teaching with Technology Annual Conference 2012
- INMAX: Innovation in Schools, June 2011, Co-speaker with Bo Adams (Learnopolis: Professional Learning Communities)
- Project-based Learning Workshop, Center for Teaching Summer Institute, June 2011 – Co-Facilitator with Bo Adams
- Professional Learning Communities Facilitation, Center for Teaching Summer Institute, June 2011 – Co-Facilitator with Bo Adams
- TEDx Atlanta Creativ!ty attendee, April 2011
- TEDx Atlanta RE:SOLVE attendee, September 2010
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), Annual Conference, March 2011
- Learning Forward (formerly NSDC), Annual Conference, December 201o
- 21st Century Learning Summit, Solution Tree, October 2010
- TEDx Atlanta RE:LEARN attendee, May 2010
- Professional Learning Communities Summit, Solution Tree, February 2010
- Learning and the Brain Institute: Modern Brains in the Digital Age, November 2009
- Assessment Summit, Solution Tree, October 2009
- Professional Learning Communities at Work Institute, Solution Tree, August 2009
Gough, Jill, and Sam Gough. Work Smarter Not Harder Calculus Labs for the TI-Nspire CAS. Andover, MA: Venture Pub., 2011. Print.
Gough, Sam, Mary Ann. Gore, Debbie Crawford, and Jill Gough. Work Smarter Not Harder: Calculus Labs for the TI-83/84. Andover, MA: Venture Pub., 2000. Print.
Gough, Jill, and Sam Gough. TI InterActive! Math for High School. Dallas, TX: Texas Instruments, 2000. Print.
Antinone, Linda J., Sam Gough, and Jill Gough. Modeling Motion: High School Math Activities with the CBR. Dallas, TX: Texas Instruments, 2000. Print.